Goodbye Creative Incite Radio ....

Well, it was fun while it lasted, but the time has come for me to pull the plug on Creative Incite Radio. 

As with many of the things I do, CIR was an experiment. I got interested in Internet Radio after I started my erstwhile 7 Songs with Joe3 Podcast. I figured why do a podcast every two weeks when I could have my own radio station that played the music and other audio items I liked all the time? And so I did it, because that's what I do: I think of things and I do them. I follow my creative impulses. 

You know what happens when you follow your creative impulses? You learn things. You learn how much time and energy it takes to sustain a project and/or endeavor, especially when it's on all the time, you learn how to manipulate whatever tools are associated with the trade you're toes in, you learn who gives a shit, and, ultimately, you learn it it's worth it, and knowing what you know now, whether it makes sense to continue. As the title of this post suggests, I decided it wasn't and it didn't.

Do I regret it, the money, time, and energy spent? Absolutely not. I learned a lot and connected with some cool people. That is never a mistake. Neither is setting a goal -- saying, "I'm gonna do this" -- and following through on it. And that's just what I did.

In closing, thanks to all those who took the time to tune in and to the bands who were excited about  me playing their songs. I really do appreciate it. In closing, keep making that music and keep supporting independent artists.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment