Greetings Blog Fans. I've had a lot going on this week writing-wise (I'm neck-deep in the production of Ravens Way Review #4), so I haven't had much time to devote to this site. However, I did manage to post a new (and lengthy!) installment of This Week In Strange Music, which is special for me in many ways. First, it sort of celebrates my newfound love for garage rock. Second, it tells the tale of how I came to own a hard to find (because I made it that way) garage rock record. And third, I play a song from a rather obscure record that my friend's dad played drums on. So, not only do you get to check out some cool music, but I've provided some fun stories to go along with it. Check it out!
But wait, there's more!
In addition to This Week in Strange Music, you can also read a new installment in The Adventures of Guy Verbose. This time around, Guy engages in some bedtime procrastination and thinks about autonomy.
And there's still more!
On the Butter Lamb Blog, you'll find a transcript of a two-part conversation from 2021 between Bowdoin College's Margaret E. Boyle and Amherst College's Ilan Stavans. The subject is dictionaries and what they might tell us about cultural crises and the politics of nationality.
Okay, I lied. I found the time to add stuff to this site.
Stay cool, babies. (Seriously, it's hot out there.)
- July 16, 2026

No comments:
Post a Comment