Wednesday, January 1, 2025

This Week in Strange Music - Episode 1

 This Week in Strange Music - Episode 1

1) Song: "Strange Music"
Artist: LoFi Theory


The other day, I saw a guy in Wegmans talking to the cheesecake. I'm not sure this is a bad thing. I mean, cheesecake is pretty good. Granted, I don't eat it anymore, but I've had it, and I remember it being pretty tasty. I also know that cheesecake is one of those desserts that women sometimes swoon over after it arrives on the table at a restaurant. You hear them make sounds kind of like the noises people make when they watch fireworks explode. They'll put a forkful in their mouths, their eyes will get big, and they'll say, "Oooooo." I bet some guys do this, too, but only in the comfort and security of their own homes. I don't think the guy who was talking to the cheesecakes in Wegmans does this. No. He has a different relationship with cheesecake. In fact, I imagine that when he's eating cheesecake, or maybe even around cheesecake, there's a loungey, slightly bluesy, slightly jazzy instrumental tune in his head that sounds pretty close to this track. Check it out.

"Strange Music" - By LoFi Theory

2) Song: "Everything's Hunky Dory"
Artist: MRVN Music


The chill bites my face as I walk along the street, trying not to step in the greasy stains left by the garbage truck. The dogs’ disinterest in them is a pleasant surprise, as is my upbeat attitude. At this hour, I’m usually too busy shaking off the indignities of the workday to delight in the wonders around me. But today, my employee angst is no match for the erupting spring, with its optimistic yellows, hopeful greens, and promising blues. Yes, I know that life is a gift, but at this moment, I actually believe it. You might feel something similar when listening to this song. There's something bright and hopeful about it, and if you give it a chance, it'll make you feel alright. 

"Everything's Hunky Dory" - By MRVN Music

3.) Song: "Strange Spirit - 2AM"
Artist: Strange Spirit


Every day, I hit the same streets, see the same sights, and hear the same sounds. Usually, it's enough to rev my brain enough to generate an idea or thought I can use as the foundation for a paragraph or two that explains what I’m feeling; what I’m experiencing at a precise moment. But not today. Today, nothing came to the fore. No ideas formed in my brain, so I had nothing to go on; nothing to work with. I was annoyed, but I got over it. If there’s one thing I’ve learned in my time on this planet, it’s that you can’t force it. Some things operate on their own schedule and show up when they’re ready, no matter how demanding or insistent you might be. This song is like that. Something's brewing here, but it ends before it reaches its crescendo; before it fully arrives. That's okay. There's a seed here. There's something to work with, but one must remember: it will bloom on its own time. 

"Strange Spirit - 2AM" - Strange Spirit

Until next time, babies, stay strange ....

No comments:

Post a Comment